We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day

Dear Family and Friends,

This is a weird preparation day. Today we are going to the temple
which means we have preparation day today, Wednesday, instead of
Monday. It started out great, we woke up at 6:00 instead of 6:30 so
that we could get everything done, but then we locked ourselves out.
Even better, the members we live with are gone! We spent the next two
hours trying to break in but we couldn't find any windows open, any
credit cards, and I wasn't able to find sufficient tools to pick the
lock! We finally got in the house at about 8:40, therefore, I have no
time to write this email, but I'm going to try my darnedest!

Service wise, the story of the happened at Yellowstone Wildlife
Sanctuary. When we walked in and asked for Tom, they informed us that
he didn't work there anymore. We don't know why, all we know is he's
gone. From now on, we were going to be doing different kinds of work,
animal care. We were introduced to Mallory and she took us to where
they keep the elk. Our job that day was to clean out the space where
the two elk had been trapped all week because of renovations. It was
quite horrid, standing on and shoveling a weeks worth of elk
deification into a wheel barrow was interesting... hopefully I will
never ever do it again.

A woman in the Red Lodge branch is battling cancer and has had quite a
few chemo treatments now. This last week they held a large benefit
auction for her. This auction was gigantic. All the local tourist
shops were in on it, as well as local artisans and craftsman. Such
beautiful things were donated! It was amazing to be a part of and so
much money was raised.

I gave a talk on Mothers on Sunday and cried. It was embarrassing, b
the spirit was very strong!! Lastly, I got to talk to my family on
Mother's Day! It was amazing. I got to see my beautiful, amazing
mother and talk to her face to face! I love her. She has blessed my
life more than I can say.

I am out of time! I will write more next Monday!

Love,
Elder Thomas

Auction
SNOW???
My district!
Nature
TEMPLE!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment