We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, October 3, 2016

A WHOLE YEAR???? Well flip.

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello people of the earth, I am exhausted. That is all, love ya
bye.... But seriously. Missionary work demands every mental thought,
every last bit of energy, even sleep because you receive spiritual
revelation and manifestations in your sleep. The weird part is, I love
every second of it.

Conference was amazing. I wish I had time to relate all the things I
learned and felt but it sufficeth me to say that I learned much about
my role as a leader in the mission field, especially during Priesthood
Session. I will be looking for my Amuleks and trying to lift those not
yet confident in their own abilities. I am so excited to implement
this leadership advice and see those not yet confident in their own
abilities flourish as men and women of God.

My dear humans, it has been a WHOLE YEAR since I came out on my
mission. I can not tell you how much this fact breaks my heart. I am
past the halfway point, and everyone says the second half goes way
faster. Darny darn.

This week was super good. We had lesson after lesson and event after
event. We were very very busy.   We taught Randy again but he is
having a hard time making much progress. He is far too comfortable
where he is at and we don't think he quite sees why all of this is so
important yet.

We met with Sandro again. Sandro is a veteran and has many stories. He
is always very distracted and it is hard to keep him on subject. We
love him and he wants so very badly for us to keep meeting with him so
we will keep on doing so! However, if he doesn't start keeping
commitments we may have to drop him.

We got to teach Mitchell again. This time we got into a little bit of
the deeper stuff in regards to the group. You can't dive into the deep
stuff with members of the group right off the bat, you have to wait
until they have decided to move forward. Otherwise they will feel like
you are trying to feed them "anti-group" stuff. But Mitchell is ready!
We are so proud of him.

This week we were praying to find someone in our area book named
Stephany, but the only information we had was her first and last name.
The night before we were wondering who it was and felt a distinct
prompting to look her up on Facebook. As soon as we saw a picture, I
remembered meeting her at church once when she was there with a
friend! We added her as a friend and prayed we'd be able to find her.
The next day as we were headed home from Zone Training we saw an
investigator we had been trying to contact moving into a new place. We
pulled over and offered our help which she gladly accepted, and low
and behold, her son arrives with Stephany! Crazy. Prayers are answered
so fast sometimes. We talked for a little bit and got to know her a
little better. She has a lot of friends in the church, there is a lot
of potential here.

One more thing then I gotta go, WILL AND KARA GET BAPTIZED ON THE
EIGHTH!! I'll tell you all about that next week:)

Love,
Elder Thomas

Sunny Rain
Taking pictures to announce conference
The Zone
Weirdos.

No comments:

Post a Comment