We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Kind of a Clumsy Week

Dear Family and Friends,

SO MUCH has happened this week.

On Monday we celebrated Payslee and Brother Boyces birthdays for cookie night! I cant tell you all enough how much I love this family. They are so much fun and they take such good care of us.

Tuesday morning we woke up at about 3:30 AM to get ready to go to MLC in Helena. 30 minutes later we were in the truck and driving. It is in moments like this that I really wish I wasn't the designated driver, I was so tired. At 6AM we finally got to Missoula, I crawled into the back, put my earplugs in and had a glorious nap until we got to Helena 2 hours later.

MLC was really cool! We discussed Facebook and some changes we were going to make so that the entire mission could be on the same page. We also discussed the focus of the transfer which is chapter 4 and chapter 10 in Preach My Gospel, recognizing the Holy Ghost and improving our teaching. We are excited for this transfer. Quote of the Day: "There are no dead areas, just dead missionaries." -President Wadsworth

Aaaaaand then we drove back. We got home at 8:30 that night. Insanity.

On Friday we woke up early so that we could go help a nonmember family move some furniture. I was wearing my favorite gray suit that I had owned since sophomore year, so you can imagine how thin the fabric on the seat of the pants is. When I squatted down to lift the couch, my pants ripped all along the back of the pants haha. I was already holding the couch, so I just had another elder walk right behind me as we carried the couch outside. Needless to say, we were a little late to Zone Training because we were getting me some new pants haha. Best part? President and Sister Wadsworth were at our Zone Training haha, ill never hear the end of it. Every time I did something that day someone said, don't rip your pants!

One of the last crazy things that happened this week was when we went and tried to contact a former investigator. When we first got there she just seemed like this nice old lady who was willing to listen, then everything changed, all the sudden she just went very anti. It was a little scary to be honest.

We had stake conference this week with Elder Rawson! I got so much out of it, but by far my favorite quote was this, "When you ask a question, you create a place in your mind for an answer. If we don't ask the question, we may get an answer but it won't stick because there is no place for it to go."
-Elder Rawson I love that! Ive never thought about it that way, and this new perspective has made me always want to have a question.

I don't know what it was this week, but a lot of crazy stuff happened. I got beat in a game of PIG by an 11 year old girl (It was on a little nerf hoop, but STILL), I got pulled over at 5 AM on my way to MLC because I missed a speed limit sign, I slipped in mud as we were trying to take a picture, I slipped off a porch into a thorn bush while tracting, and I ripped my pants trying to pick up a couch. It was... Interesting haha.

QUOTE OF MY LIFE:
"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light get's in."
-Leonard Cohen

Love,
Elder Thomas

When you woke up at 3AM
City streets (Tyrna get some Pita Pit in Missoula)
Thrift shop treasures
When you just really like dogs...
Photoshoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment