We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Call Me Elder

Dear family,

No cries with the goodbyes, I like that. It's a lot less embarrassing for me! Haha but really, I miss you all. 

What can I say but that I have completely accepted this lifestyle. There is absolutely nothing that I don't love here. My companions are Elder Mcelvany (Pronounced: MAC-EL-VAIN-EE) and Elder Parrish (Pronounced: PERISH). They are the BOMB.DIGGITY. Elder Parrish reminds me of Joseph Robertson, when he was younger, and he lived Anchorage Alaska. He loves animals and has a lot of cool facts. Elder Macshnavainpidaelpackee (What I say when I forget his name) lived in Vegas and he says "poopie" a lot but I think he means "peepie." (Movie reference anyone??) He worked out a lot before his mission and he loves football and sports. I really love these elders and it's so much fun to learn the gospel with them. My branch president, President Metcalf looks like the President of United states in National Treasure 2. Like exactly like him. I'm the district leader which is nice because I like leadership opportunities! 

We work hard here but I could do this for years. You learn so much every day that you just feel like it's been a week. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to gain this much knowledge this fast. We are strengthened by the Holy Ghost, that's how we can do this.

One of the coolest opportunities is that each companionship gets their own "investigator" to practice teaching with. Ours is named Alex and we prepare lessons and teach him. Our first lesson will be tomorrow and we've really been working hard to prepare. 

I don't know how to summarize everything that has happened here so far. We are constantly doing something and have already had so many spiritual and teaching experiences. This place is like HOGWARTS FOR MORMONS. You have classes and you're constantly learning the cool things you can do if you teach by the Holy Ghost! The food is even good like Hogwarts and there is always something to eat. I just LOVE THE SPIRIT HERE. It's not even a hard transition at this point because this is the life i've wanted for years!!!!

ASSIGNMENT: Read Moses 6:31 and understand that Enoch is representative for everyone before a mission. Then read Moses 7:13 to understand how it feels every time you walk out of a lesson or meeting in this place, Enoch being representative of missionaries. SO COOL. 

I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!

P.S.~ Dearelder.com is the fastest way to reach me. Use the MTC address.

Signing out,

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment