We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 6, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

We had an amazing experience yesterday. My teacher, Sister Burton, took us to the Hall of Christ in the MTC. The hall of Christ is one of the main hallways used in the MTC and it is lined with artwork of Christ. As we walked we were supposed to answer two questions, what does Christ mean to me and what am I willing to do for Christ. As I walked down this hallway dedicated to Christ, who I love very much, the spirit touched my heart so strongly. I felt like I learned something about christ for every picture. I was amazed at his power and I felt incredible gratitude as I viewed pictures depicting the sacrifice he made. When we got back to our classroom she asked what we had learned. The spirit prompted me to answer. (Answer questions in the MTC always feels like bearing a testimony, like every time.) When I started to give my answer I finally broke down. I hadn't cried yet in the MTC, not even when I left my family, because I don't think I understood how hard we work or quite what two years meant. Well, we work like crazy here and two DAYS is a long time when you're used to being with the people you love. I didn't cry for too long, although I cried a lot in the time I gave my answer. I realized when I answered that question that I had been trying to drink from the fire hose, that is the first two or three days at the MTC, all by myself. I hadn't had Christ with me the whole time and he has just been waiting for me. After all he has done for me and helped me with already, he's still there waiting for me. It was such a comfort to me to realize that I am not doing this on my own. He is there to help me all along the way.

The next thing we learned is that committing an investigator to be baptized is not a scary thing. We roleplayed committing "investigators" to be baptized, doing it as sincerely as possible. The amazing thing to learn in this process is that the missionary says the words but the spirit is the one who extends the invitation to the investigator. The spirit was so strong in the room as we felt the spirit speaking through us. We felt love for the individual each missionary was portraying and really were happy to extend this invitation to them and way happier when they said yes. A missionary in our district Elder Mcmiller, bore his testimony that the Lord was giving us a gift because having gone out with the missionaries frequently he had experienced the joy of an investigator saying yes and it was the same joy he felt in that classroom today. I am so greatful to the Lord for letting us feel the spirit so strong, giving us courage and excitement to face the trials to come.

Oh yeah, CONFERENCE IS AMAZING AS A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this gospel and the joy that it brings to my heart. Though this work is hard, I could do it forever. Philippians 4:13

I love you all so much,

Elder Thomas

P.S.~ P-day is on Saturday, that is why I am writing you today. 

P.P.S.~ This is my district. You'll get names later. No time

No comments:

Post a Comment