We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Faster and Faster...

Dear Family and Friends,

We got transfer news yesterday, and we're both staying!! HOW IS THIS
TRANSFER ALREADY OVER, WHAT ON EARTH??????? It kinda makes me sick how
fast time flies out here in the field. I need more time to make more
changes and become the missionary I want to be! And I'm not even close
haha, but I'll probably never be quite there, that's ok. Progress is
success, right?

We had an incredible week again, and because I never have enough time,
I will just give you all the best highlights.

First highlight was on Tuesday when we went on splits with our ward
mission leader and a ward missionary, Brother Burningham. Elder
Fleming and our ward mission leader went to contact a pair of
less-actives and Brother Burningham and I went to visit former
investigators that had just disappeared of the face of the earth. The
first house we stopped at was a family by the name of Shockley. He is
a less-active member, and she is a non-member. He wasn't home, but she
let us right in! We chatted for a bit and then we were able to share
one of my favorite Mormon Messages on my iPad, A Shower of Heavenly
Blessings. She was excited about the video and commented that the
church always has "the best videos." We emphasized that the individual
speaking in this video was an apostle of God.

After this fantastic lesson, we went to contact some former
investigators that hadn't been tried in a long time, the Hummers. When
we knocked, an elderly gentleman answered. He was kind but obviously
not interested. We thought that we were probably not going to be
allowed in but then his wife came to the top of the stairs, saw who it
was, and invited us right in! They were not too interested in hearing
about the gospel, but their eyes lit up when we talked about family
history! I was able to share my pedigree chart with them and a few
stories as well. It was a cool experience and the spirit was so
strong.

On Thursday we had our traditional "cookie night." Once a week we go
over to the Boyce's home, they are members, and have dinner and family
home evening with them. Brother and Sister Boyce are two of the
funniest people I've met. On Thursday I teased Sister Boyce about
diluting her soap (shoutout to my momma, it's like washing your hands
with water! Haha) and suddenly found myself in the middle of a
hilarious ongoing dispute between husband and wife haha. Payge is
their oldest at home right now and is always making fun of my "girly"
boots, telling me she'd wear them. Whatever. Paxton is the next oldest
and is one of my favorite people in the world. If I can ever be as
funny as him I will have made it in life. Payslee is the youngest and
always gets me laughing with her extremely random comments. Cookie
night usually happens on Mondays, but this last Monday they were
coming home from Utah after meeting our families and delivering
packages to them. It was so cool to see pictures of our families
together! Those connections are always so fun when you're on a
mission. We had a wonderful evening on Thursday filled with good food,
laughter and the spirit. I am so grateful to this family for bringing
us into their home and loving us, as I am all the wonderful people who
have loved me and been a support to me during this mission.

Another family I need to tell you all about is the Gardner family. We
live with the Gardner family and they treat us SO WELL. They make sure
we're fed, comfortable in our living quarters, and just happy in
general. Their son Eric is one of the funniest kids I have met and he
and the missionaries are always harassing each other. He makes fun of
us, we occasionally throw him in the snow or something;) it's good
fun! Brother and Sister Gardner are just fun to talk to and are so
helpful and kind. Sister Gardner isn't afraid to be motherly and have
us do chores either haha.

Anyways, I love it here. Last story, this week Elder Fleming and I
were having a nerf war with two little nerf guns his family sent him
for Christmas and one of them got me in the eye! You never think that
will do much until it happens! So at church on Sunday I had a very
poofy eye the whole day, oh well:)

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Thomas


Beautiful scene brought to you from Kalispell MT
Elder Fleming's family, the Boyce's, and my mom and sis :)
More beautiful Kalispell
The district
The zone


No comments:

Post a Comment