We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, January 30, 2017

My Immune System Needs Help

Dear Family and Friends,

Monday was cookie night:) it was great fun! I absolutely love the
Boyce's, and Lori (their non-member grandma) is one of the kindest
women I have ever met in my life. They do their best to make us feel
at home, and they do pretty well.

I got sick, AGAIN. This time I think I have a cold, but my throat has
also been super sore and I have been super tired. I haven't been able
to talk very well all week, let alone sing. I hate not being able to
sing, singing makes me happy when I'm unhappy! So now I've been
listening to a lot of music.

Wednesday was the first day of transfers, and also the day after I got
sick. We didn't want me to get everyone else sick, so I got out of 10
hours of driving and instead stayed with two other elders waiting for
their companion. I unsuccessfully tried to get some sleep and then we
went and provided some service for a few hours. I mostly had to watch.

On Thursday I was doing a little better so I was able to go with Elder
Fleming and Elder Whiting to Missoula to pick up the new missionary he
is training, which is only about five hours of driving. I just slept
in the back the whole time haha.

The rest of the week was a lot of knocking doors and contacting
without much fruit, but we were happy the whole time!! Even though I
was sick and coughing. Oh well, the work goes on! I love this work.
Every time I take a step and my legs are tired or the cold air hurts
my face. Or maybe all I want to do is take a nap, I smile because I
know my Savior has felt that same pain, and he felt that pain for me,
and all the people I'm trying to find, and that's why I keep trying.
Nothing is hard compared to what he did for me. JUST KEEP GOING,
that's all that matters.

Now, a really cool change in missionary work, the missionary schedule
has changed. We will be going to MLC tomorrow, a meeting with all the
Zone Leaders, the assistants, and President Wadsworth, to discuss
exactly how our schedule will be in this mission. We have a new
preparation day schedule as well! We are super excited about this
inspired new change and what it will mean for missionary work. We have
inspired leaders. They get their direction from God, and if we follow
their counsel, we will never have to worry! I love you all dearly.
Thank you for your prayers and your well-wishing. God be with you till
we meet again!

Love,
Elder Thomas

Elder Fleming ripped open a football and put it on his head... I don't even know.
Example daily and preparation day schedules!

No comments:

Post a Comment