We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, February 6, 2017

Snow, snow, go away...

Dear Family and Friends,

It is cold, windy and snowy right now. Every time I see a picture from
the summer time I find myself wishing that the weather was like that
right now! But I'll be patient. In the next two days we are supposed
to receive 2 feet of snow, and we are a little nervous haha.

This last Tuesday was INSANE. Every transfer all the Zone leaders in
the mission meet with the assistants and President Wadsworth to
discuss the needs of the mission. That meeting started at 9:00 Tuesday
morning... so we woke up at 2:30 and left by 3:30 because the roads
were bad. That was one of the hardest drives of my entire life.
Co-drivers have to stay awake whenever their companion is driving, so
I tried my very hardest to stay awake. Luckily, at about 5:30 we got
to Missoula and the Missoula Zone Leaders drove the rest of the way to
Helena. We got there around 8:30. I don't know how but I stayed up the
WHOLE MEETING. I felt rather impressed with myself. It was an amazing
thing to be a part of this meaning and witness how much President
Wadsworth and the other leadership in this mission love these
missionaries. Everything was focused on them and helping them become
better, grow and feel happier. We discussed many things, one of the
biggest discussion topics being the new missionary schedule. For the
most part, we are just doing the suggested outline. We left about 4:00
and didn't get home till almost 9:00. We were SO TIRED.

We had quite a few lessons this week, but I'll only be able to touch
on a few. One of the most exciting lessons was with the Shockley
family. The Shockleys are a part-member family and they are very
welcoming every time we go over! Sister Shockley is the non-member and
Brother Shockley was a member as a young boy, but he hasn't been
active in a very long time. It was really cool to talk with him this
last time because he kept talking about all the memories he had of
missionaries and looking up to them. He stopped going to church very
young, but he still remembers! We are hoping and praying this goes
somewhere.

The other lesson we are super excited about this week was with a young
woman named Chelsey. Her Mom is a member but has not come to church in
a while. Chelsey is very interested in taking the discussions and
learning more. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to this one because
we were on splits, but hopefully I get to go this week!

This last week as we were working out in the morning, we thought it
might be a good idea to try some hand stand push-ups up against the
wall. Now, a quick disclaimer, Elder Fleming is HUGE. When he falls,
he falls hard, and when he breaks things, he destroys them. So, when
his arm buckled and we heard a loud crack when he hit the ground, we
knew something bad had happened. Turns out his rear end had hit the
wall and put a big hole in the wall! Call me insensitive, but it was
everything I could do to keep from laughing haha. The Gardners handled
it really well and Elder Fleming will be helping with the repairs:)
whoops!

Anyways, no time. Sound familiar?? Sorry, haha. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Thomas

COOKIE NIGHT!
Got to see Elder Angle and Elder Porter again! One of the very best parts of MLC
The matching ties I made for us!
Elder Angles made me this sweet wooden ring
Elder Tippetts wouldn't let me go :)
Elder Fleming's little accident...
I made this and I liked it
We got tons of snow this week :P

No comments:

Post a Comment