We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Change of Scenery

Hallo!

On Monday we went golfing, and I did TERRIBLE. Dad, we've got some
work to do. It was also super expensive because the members we went
with didn't pay for us haha. But, it was good to just have a relaxing
day out on the golf course!

That night for cookie night we were a little short on time so we just
played what is called "The Gospel Game." In the gospel game, everyone
writes a random object on a piece of paper and then we mix up the
papers and each person has to relate what is on their paper to the
gospel. Playing with the Boyce's was the hardest one I've ever done
because they did a bunch objects that were SUPER hard to relate to the
gospel, like bird poop, a septic tank lid and a hole in a screen. But
everyone did very well, Lori, our investigator, even had to help me
out on mine haha.

On Tuesday I finally stopped letting the water boil over every single
time we make pasta haha. Very much a good thing! It was also a super
nice day so we walked about five miles just talking to everyone and
knocking on doors when we felt prompted. I love summer in Montana
because people finally stop hiding in their homes and we can talk to
them!

We also found some members out working on their yard so we went and
helped. I LOVE yard work. I swear it's been years since I got to mow a
lawn!! And my clumsy self boy knocked over one of their picnic tables
during the whole process, so it was a success... it's a long story...
haha

Wednesday we got to go on splits with some ward missionaries. I got to
go with Brother Wehrli and see the Roots for the last time. Not sure
I've talked about the Roots before, but the Roots are a recent convert
Family we've visited off and on and I love them to death! Their kids
Callie and Johnny are some of my best friends in the world (3 & 7 yrs.
old haha).

Got to give a blessing to a sister in the ward that is trying to make
some hard decisions. I LOVE blessings because when you are giving the
blessing, the spirit just fills your mouth. When you are not the voice
for the blessing, you pray for the one that is giving the blessing the
whole time, praying that the spirit will fill their mouth. No matter
who you are in a blessing, you have a responsibility to be acting on.

Mucked out a barn for a nonmember lady and it was awesome. This may be
weird, but I love the stinky, sweaty, dirty farm work that I get to do
in Montana. It just makes my day every time. It was cool to do this
for our librarian friend because we got to teach her the whole time we
were doing it! Sneaky Mormons, eh?

Had our last lesson with Amanda before her baptism on Saturday! She is
SO prepared, and we are so proud of her. We went through the Ten
Commandments using the sign language of the Ten Commandments, and it
was hilarious. I love this way to remember the Ten Commandments, I
could never remember the order before!

The next morning, Amanda had her interview for baptism and passed
without any problem! She's basically already Mormon, we don't know how
but she just knows all the answers to all our questions already! She
answers the questions in gospel principles more correctly than half the
members! We are so lucky to have taught her.

On Friday we had 3 lessons in a row, and NO ONE CANCELLED!! It was a
miracle. That honestly never happens! They were all spirit filled and
Elder Christensen and I just taught so comfortably together. He is
such a good man and I am very grateful to have been his companion for
this long.

That night, the Raish family took us out for dinner at this super good
pizza place. It was a blast, and we sure love the Raish family!
Brother and Sister Raish have taught me SO MUCH about charity and
love, I love spending time with them because they are so good and kind
to us. Their son Noah is one of the best kids I have ever met and is
now serving a mission. I miss him and his example, but I know he is
doing the Lord's work. Brother Raish also gave me some awesome ideas
for helping wth my asthma (he's a naturopathic doctor). I'm going to
miss this family.

Saturday morning was service at the Stuart's! We just pulled some
weeds and talked, one little kid backhanded me with the cast on his
broken arm (don't think he realized how much that would hurt),
and we awkwardly watched a kid being disciplined for hitting... haha just a
regular day haha! We have learned quite a bit from them, they are
wonderful examples.

That night we taught Autumn and focused mostly on repentance. It was a
good lesson, and we offered a million prayers of gratitude to our
Heavenly Father for Autumn's fellowshipper, Allie, because there are
so many little questions she asks her throughout the week that are
resolved before we even get to the lesson!

After the lesson we had another awesome game night with the YSA.
Autumn had a blast! We love how the YSA has adopted her into the ward
and it gives us confidence that she will continue to pursue the
gospel!

Sunday was pretty great. During third hour in the YSA we walked in to
priesthood and found out here was no teacher, so naturally the
responsibility fell on the elders... naturally. Well right then the
phone started ringing with transfer calls so he stepped out and it was
just me! Haha. The lesson was awesome though because of the incredible
participation! So grateful for that.

Transfer calls were interesting. I am getting transferred, which is
rough because I LOVE this area and my companion! I'm headed to
Billings to be a Zone Leader down there with Elder Chamberlain! It's
going to be awesome to be in Billings by the mission home, and pretty
close to Red Lodge and Columbus, my past area. Elder Chamberlain is a
really great guy, I can't wait to serve with him. A little nervous,
but trusting in the Lord!

Love you all!

Love,
Elder Thomas

"Spring has brought me such a nice surprise..."
District pictures
Zone picture
Photoshoot
Making sure the pot doesn't boil over.
Amanda's interview! I'm the one glowing in the back.
Fell asleep getting a ride to church haha


No comments:

Post a Comment