We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, May 1, 2017

WE'RE GOING TO GLACIER TODAY!!!!!

HOW IS IT MONDAY AGAIN?? Geeze Louise.

Well, family and friends, this week was one of the greatest weeks ever. It really was.

First of all, I have the greatest companion ever. He is so hilarious and we have been laughing all week. He's also one of the weirdest people I  have ever met haha, but I'm pretty sure that's a mutual feeling. (He wanted me to say that he was one of the "weirdest majestic beasts" I have ever met haha)

 Last Monday we did just about nothing all day... It was really quite boring... But then we had cookie night which made the day a little better! We had to head out around 8:00 so that we could start our journey to MLC. We drove 2 hours down to Missoula that night and stayed with the Missoula Zone Leaders. Last time we went to MLC I had to wake up at 3AM, leave at 4AM and drive for 2 hours until 6AM to get to Missoula to carpool with the other elders and get to Helena by 8AM. So, driving down the night before definitely seemed like the better option to me! However, the morning was a little rough. Probably the most embarrassing part was that I forgot a belt so I had to go without a belt all day! It felt really weird.

MLC was super good! I really don't have time to try and convey all the incredible things I learned and awesome things we discussed, but I do want to mention how nice it is to go to meetings like this and receive some direction on how to face challenges and issues that may come up.

But because I have no time today I will hurry mention a couple highlights, and then we've got to run to Glacier National Park!! This week we got to teach Amanda, Brother Wehrli's soon to be daughter-in-law for the first time, and we committed her to baptism! She is so solid and we are so lucky to be teaching her. When we started she pulled out a notebook and said, "this is my book of questions! If I'm writing in it during the lesson, don't worry I'm listening, but I'm taking notes." What?? Coolest investigator ever.

We also made contact with Noelle, who has been kinda down and out after a tragedy in her family. She has two little puppies that she let us play with as well, so that was amazing! She is ready to start making some real progress again and try to work toward baptism. We are very proud of her for being so incredibly strong.

The other really cool thing about this week is that we had a less-active family, the Karr's show up at church as well as another less-active named Stephanie! It was awesome.

Love,
Elder Thomas

Elder Palmer, the one who replaced me in Corvallis :)
Elder Bozue. I just like this guy.
I LOVE MISSIONARIES!!
Montana!
Got to play ukulele for a bit :)
NEWBORN PUPPY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment