We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, August 14, 2017

"It would take a miracle..." -Miracle Max

Dear Family and Friends,

This was a week of faith and miracles. And yes, we did have fun
"storming the castle." (If you don't know the quote, go watch Princess
Bride!)

Preparation day on Monday was a BLAST. We ended up playing some of the
most intense games of podball I have ever participated in. I felt like
I was some superhero running, dodging and diving through some crazy
war zone... really I just picked up the ball and threw it... but it
was sick. Elder Emms then ran off on exchanges to one of my old areas
(Red Lodge and Absarokee) and I stayed here with Elder Hockersmith and
another Elder who was staying with us for the day, Elder Peterson. We
ended up having a crazy night playing basketball with some nonmember
kids.

The next day was super busy. Lots of administrative and busy work! We
did still get to have two amazing lessons though, one with Sister
O'Connor and one with our investigator named Jessica and her inactive
sister, Mari. The lesson with Sister O'Connor was super spiritual as
always, and we even got to talk about Psychology for a little bit,
which I'm always down to talk about. Elder Peterson left right before
dinner so Elder Hockersmith and I finished off the night having a
lesson with Jessica and Mari. They are both incredible people and what
we would term, "truth seekers." They want to know what is true and
they are willing to hear knew things and take them to Heavenly Father.

Wednesday was crazy awesome. I had a Skype lesson I was going to
participate in at 7:30 and Brother Wilson wanted us to come to a lesson
with Patrick at 7:00, so the Sweetgrass elders came to do splits with
us so we could do both. We split at 6:45 and Elder Wallace and I went
to do some finding until 7:30. While looking for an investigator,
we knocked on the wrong door and met Michael. We had a super cool
conversation with Michael and set up an appointment to come back and
teach him. Then... I GOT TO FACETIME INTO A LESSON WITH MITCHELL
GOLD AND THE CHAPMANS!! If any of you read my emails from back in my
Corvallis days, I really looked forward to lessons with Mitch at the
Chapman's every week. The lessons were amazing, the testimonies were
profound, and the warm tapioca pudding at the end was divine. I love
these people and it was excellent to sit in a lesson with them again.
Mitchell is still as "Gold" as ever and is still progressing and
growing. He will soon be having his interview with a General
authority, then it's just one more with President Wadsworth, and
baptism. I love these people, the missionaries (Elder Zeller and Elder
Wright) did a great job, and yes, they had tapioca pudding without me
but I'll get over it haha.
Elder Emms and Brother Wilson had a great first new member lesson with
Patrick that I wish I could have been there for but we can't be
everywhere. The spirit however, can, and he is the important one!

Friday felt like a lot of busy work, including finishing the last
three hours of the night moving stuff for a nonmember relative of a
family in the ward. It was a good day, but we continuously prayed the
Heavenly Father would help us find more people on Saturday to make up
for the people we were unable to find on Friday.

Saturday was the miracle we prayed for. First thing in the morning, we
met a really good man named Joel who was interested in learning more
and invited us back. We then ran off to help a member in our ward,
Brother Stephens move a 5000 pound desk (you probably don't believe
me, but it sure felt like it), had a good old Taco Bell lunch (I
really am trying to eat healthy mom, I swear) and ran off to find
people. We got to our lesson with the Morrisons early, so we ran over
to talk with their neighbor Bobby. I don't know if I have mentioned
Bobby already, but Bobby is an elderly woman who is very close with
the Morrisons daughter, Sariah, and last week we gave her a Book of
Mormon. Well when we saw her his week, we asked how she enjoyed it and
she started telling us all her favorite parts!! She really likes Lehi
haha it blew us out of the water! Her only embarrassment is that she
only gets 30 minutes in every night... she is AMAZING. After talking
to Bobby we had a simple Plan of Salvation lesson with the Morrisons
that they loved and we ran off to meet with Pete. Pete just soaked in
a review of the Restoration lesson and then showered us with candy and
Gatorades. He is too nice for OUR own good haha. That night the dog of
the members we ate dinner with nipped Elder Emms when he pet it,
giving him a bad scratch/cut/thing and was growling and staring at me
the whole time. I thought I was going to die.... but we made it out
alive!

Sunday was awesome! When we arrived at the church in the morning one
of the members greeted us and said, "Elders, you're singing today!"
Whoops... haha we totally forgot. We quickly ran into another room and
threw together a rendition of Love One Another. It actually went
pretty well! In the afternoon we went to a group baptism for a
non-denominational group called elevation because one of them is our
neighbor Carl and he invited us to come see his son get baptized. It
was actually pretty cool to see the way other churches do it. You
would not believe the funny looks we were getting though haha. The
most unusual part of the day was something called a Missionary Musical
Fireside. There was a huge musical concert thing put on by us
missionaries last night that a lot of members and non-members came to!
It was amazing. Throughout the musical performances, we got to hear
testimonies of recent converts. I had the opportunity to sing in the
choir and in a quartet. The other performances were absolutely
wonderful! It was a wonderful week!

Love you all!

Love,
Elder Thomas

We got Hydro Flasks, and I love it! 
So our next next-door neighbor does spray paint art and 
he gave us the second one because he kinda messed up, but we love it! 
The first one is a Star Wars one and we think it is sweet. 
Look him up on YouTube at MTPaints:)
Elder Emms and Elder Muhlestein found a rattlesnake on 
exchanges, so they skinned it and gutted it and we breaded it 
and fried it for lunch. It was alright I guess...




No comments:

Post a Comment