We'll Harvest this Field from Sunrise to Sunset!

Monday, August 21, 2017

Where is your focus?

First of all, some pretty great moments from the week:

IS THAT THE MORMONS?? RUN THE OTHER WAY, RUN THE OTHER WAY, IT'S THE MORMONS! Haha
-Random Polynesian guy on the side of the road. We thought he was joking, but he was NOT interested haha.

This week Elder Emms was trying to introduce himself to an elderly man but he kind of cut him off mid sentence, so we made the most of it...
Elder Emms: My name is Elder Emms...
Old Man: I'm Catholic.
Me: "Good to meet you Catholic, I'm Elder Thomas!"
That made him laugh, even though he wasn't interested:)

Hallo My People,

First of all, a thank you to all of you dear people that have read over my emails and written me such kind and uplifting responses throughout my mission, it has meant a great deal to me. I am now entering the last 6 weeks of my mission. We received transfer news yesterday and I am staying in Blue Creek with Elder Emms for my last transfer!! Though I love you all dearly, my heart is very heavy as I consider the burden of leaving the mission field. I love it out here, and I wish I could stay forever, but God has many other things for me to do, so I will not kick against the pricks, but rather go where he wants me to go.

Second, details of the week!

It is the last week of the summer, which means EVERYONE is on vacation! So this week we were outside the whole time, knocking and contacting but NO ONE was home haha. So, though many things did happen this week, none of them were super crazy, except for one thing I can't actually tell any of you about because of legal complexities... and I would rather go play games with the missionaries than write emails haha.

How about a spiritual thought??

"Satan likes to keep us focused on the past or the future because we have control of the present and he wants to distract us."
-Cary

As in the story of Peter walking on water, (Matthew 14:31) we must keep our focus on Jesus Christ, and not all the turmoil and mess around us. As soon as we stop focusing on moving toward Christ and we instead focus on dodging the big waves, we shall fall, and Christ will ask, "O ye of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" Get up, focus on Christ, and walk on that water. He'll take care of the waves.

Love,
Elder Thomas

Beautiful mural of our Savior
Study the scriptures every day peeps.
New ride ;)
ECLIPSE (93% but still)
Picking up new cars from the dealership for Elder Baird!


No comments:

Post a Comment